Emissions: 250 g of CO2 per portion
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Stick Celery
- 1 Tsp Marmite
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Can Tomatoes,Chopped
- 100ml Red Wine
- 125g Dehydrated Soya Mince – using soya rather than beef mince cuts the emissions of this dish nine fold, but if you miss the meat using turkey or pork will still give a big reduction
- 400g Spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Rehydrate the soya mince with water, the marmite and stock cube by following the instructions on the packet
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions, carrot and celery.
- Add garlic and let it cook for 20 seconds before you add the soya.
- After a couple of minutes add the red wine, let it reduce and then add the tomatoes.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta in a pot with some salt. Cook till al dente or follow the instructions on the packet
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well
- Serve with parmesan cheese on top